Authentically Jewish, while being flexible
- Acknowledge Similarities/Celebrate Diversity
- Emphasize the common human bond between people of different cultures and faith-based traditions
- Celebrate the distinctiveness of cultural and religious diversity
- Advocate for interfaith understanding and acceptance
- Creative collaborative safe and neutral spiritual community centered environment
- Acknowledging equally Divine Mother and Father archetypal images in our ritual prayers and blessings
Rabbi Gershon’s Philosophy
Rabbi Gershon Steinberg-Caudill is passionate about Judaism and has a way of bringing basic Jewish core beliefs into everyday life in a way that makes sense in our modern world. His down to earth philosophy makes it easy for people to understand the purpose of these ancient teachings today.
In his interfaith work, Rabbi Gershon seeks to nurture mixed relationship awareness in a neutral and affirming environment, as a way to bring peace and harmony throughout the global community. He focuses on weaving Jewish and non-Jewish rituals and traditions in a manner that is honoring to both partners and their families, while being innovative. As a core value of his interfaith ministry, Rabbi Gershon works with both sides equally, striving to create a balanced, meaningful and personalized spiritual experience.
“Rabbi Gershon is a marvelous agent of Judaism – bridging the divisions that too often exist between diverse individuals and groups. He has most effectively accomplished this through his ecumenical leadership in assisting interfaith marriages. In this way he has garnered the respect and admiration of both Jewish and Gentile alike.” Reverend Gerald Caprio
His work accomplishes five things
- Assisting couples and families to develop personalized lifecycle ceremonies
- Providing resources for educational opportunities about diverse traditions by building an online social networking website to connect to available resources worldwide
- Introducing new ideas and innovative methods that enrich the Jewish, Interfaith, and Intercultural community as a whole.
- Providing a volunteer spiritual care program to the sick and elderly at area hospitals and nursing homes
- Providing online learning opportunities on sacred texts and their relevance in today’s world.
In all areas of our work, he is deeply committed to a high degree of professionalism including honesty and integrity.